Thursday, February 25, 2010

What I Would Hope To Accomplish

After explaining my ideas to my mom, I would like to get even more specific about what I am studying what I would hope to accomplish in the future.

1, I am studying unconventional economic development. Supply-side, human capital, social capital, entrepreneurship.

2, I am asking policy questions about basic human services of people outside of the mainstream, murky policy pool. Communists, socalists, social democrats, radical centerists, libertarians, anarcho-capitalists.

3, I am interviewing local leaders about their experiences with Cleveland, OH and their hopes for the future.

4, I am forming a model of neighborhood-wide, marginal development that encourages ownership, citizenship, and capturing multipling dollars.

5, I am looking for ways to enforce social contracts without the use of government as it is understood presently.

I am using the "24 Necessities" as a launching model for essential firms that are currently underused, overused, misused, or disconnected in neighborhoods. If I can get a working model, I want to break them up into "Urban Hood," "Small Town," "Rural Area," "Underdeveloped," and "Blank Slate".

While I still study in college and freely talk, listen and record, I want to develop directories of Cleveland resources for using my model.

It would be ever so awesome if I could go to graduate school and work on my model seriously, for academic consideration, while experimenting in Cleveland neighborhoods.

No comments: