Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Questions about American Christanity: Capitalism and You

If America consumes and doesn't produce, isn't it the duty of the disciples of God to reverse that? Humanity's mandate is "Be fruitful and multiply" not "Be fruitless and indebt yourself to China".

The complexities of vulgar life have exhausted the disciples of God. The 9-to-5 is exhausting, the politics are exhausting, the games are so, so exhausting. Yet Christians work in this world 6 days a week and spend 2 hours on Sunday in God's temple, free of capitalism's (the love of money) tiring demands. But even there, vulgar life intrudes! Shouldn't we have our own foundation, built on Christ's love instead of the love of money?

"Come to me, all of you who are tired and are carrying heavy loads. I will give you rest. Become my servants and learn from me. I am gentle and free of pride. You will find rest for your souls. Serving me is easy, and my load is light." (Matt 11: 28-30)

No comments: